Friday, August 5, 2011

Mini 3D cookies


I was baking some custom cookies one day and had a small piece of left over shortbread cookie dough. I would have automatically thrown it into the bin but I could hear my angry grandmother's spirit yelling at me for wasting even the most microscopic amount of food.
I could also hear my dad's voice in my head repeating over and over again about sending me to Ethiopia when I was a child if I didn't finish off the last grain of rice on my plate.
So, without any thought, I just rolled it up into a ball and stuck it into the oven with the rest of the cookies that I was baking and I'd eat it. There!
Grandma would be proud!
When the cookies were done, I pulled out the tray and lo and behold!
The ball of dough... stayed in the shape of a ball!
WOAAAAA..... I had a cookie epiphany!

It was a sunny day in September, ( I don't really remember what kind of a day it was, but being that happy with my new discovering, might as well be a sunny day eh in my story telling), I thought to myself, "What can I make? What can I make????"
Thanksgiving was near so... why not mini Pumpkins????
Why not!
So I did... and I posted them on Facebook and I ended up making over 1000 mini shortbread pumpkins that October for Thanksgiving and Halloween.
I love'd them! So cute! I boxed them with some home made shredded soy wax paper and it looked like pumpkins on a field of straw :O)

Mini 3D Shortbread Pumpkins (Thanksgiving / Halloween/ Fall)

Then came the holiday season, and I thought... if I can make them into a ball.... wonder if I can make them into a box!
A box was much harder to make and trickier to mould in order to hold its shape, but it worked and I was happier than a pig in poop, because they were even CUTER than the pumpkins!

Mini 3D Shortbread Gift Boxes

My excitement led me to think.... if a shortbread dough can be made into a 3D cookie.... wonder if my Gingerbread dough would do the same too.
And... it did!
WOAAAAAA.........
Happiness!!!!!
So I made some gingerbread Christmas Puddings to go with the shortbread Gift Boxes.
Soooooo CUTE!

Mini 3D Gingerbread Christmas Puddings


By now I am addicted to coming up with ideas for mini 3D cookies.
Easter rolls up and while I was doing some research, I came across this picture of a bunny and bam!
A BUNNY, for Easter. Why not.
I tested a sample of the bunny and it looked really cute, but it also looked lonely :O(
So I decided to make him a friend.
A chicken, a cock to be exact, I tried to make a plain chic, but it looked, well, plain and simple, and I cannot do plain and simple.
I also made a bed of chocolate noodles for it to sit on so it didn't look so lost.

Mini 3D Shortbread Easter Buddies "Sam & Esther"
(Esther the bunny because its Easter; I know, it should be a cuter name but, hang on, my niece Esther, she's super cute, so Esther's a cute name; and Sam the chicken, because, it just looks like a Sam to me)


Does anyone have more ideas of mini 3D cookies for me to try out???
Drop me a note :O)

Cheers!





3 comments:

  1. mid autumn festival is next month. How about mini 3D shortbread lantern and mooncake cookies? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say it is a fun addiction that can make other people smile and enjoy! Love these little cuties and the holidays are coming...!

    ReplyDelete