Monday, October 11, 2010

Thankful for great family, friends & mini shortbread pumpkins

Its Thanksgiving in Canada, and for me this is only my 4th Thanksgiving here.
What is Thanksgiving all about anyway? My first year, it was all and nothing but the turkey!
Yeap! I admit I have my ignorant times. I'm not shy about it. Mind you, I think letting go of a whoopie is hilarious too at certain occasions, and I'm not shy about that either :OP

This year however, I celebrated Thanksgiving for the right reason, for family. A certain event that took place the past few months has taught me a lot about family, living life consciously, simply, and gratefully. I am thankful for everything I have, and also for everything I do not have, as it makes me stronger and more aware of the things that are truly important. I am more forgiving as I become more thankful, and most importantly, I have learnt to forgive myself for the past and live in the present.
I am thankful for the friends who have embraced me openly when I first moved to Vancouver, and for D's family who has made me one of their own. I am thankful for my family at home as we grow closer each day even though we have never ever been so far apart, (but thank god for web cams). I am also grateful for everyone whom I have met along the way in the journey with Cookievonster.

This Thanksgiving, we had our turkey, and it was the BEST turkey ever! A gift from a true friend, whom I am thankful for for having in my life, PLUS the turkey. I had been raving about this turkey for over a year now since I had it at her place, and now my family knows why I kept going on and on like a mad obsessed turkey crazed lady for months. Turkey crazy-lady I am not, but greedy I definitely am :O)
At this moment I must remember to be thankful for my blessed metabolism, which allows me to eat like there is no tomorrow, and not have to be rolled around like a pumpkin. This I am sure will not last forever so I better eat more in the next few years before my metabolism calls it quits.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, and may your lives be filled with love and gratefulness, and may you be thankful for every present moment that you are blessed with now.

oxo












No comments:

Post a Comment